How to Check a Laser Level For Accuracy?
As we know that accuracy is the main reason behind purchasing a laser level. You can’t find a 100% accurate laser level but can compromise on ¼ to ½ inch accuracy at 100 feet. All companies claim that their product is highly accurate. But what if the laser level is not accurate? It will cause a big loss to you.
Many people ask “how to know if my laser level is accurate?” Today I am going to explain a very simple method to check the accuracy of your laser level.
- Place your laser level randomly in a room with an even surface. Note that the room should be 100% even.
- Turn the laser level on and switch to Horizontal or 360-degree mode.
- Mark any two or three positions on the wall (where laser passes) using a pencil.
- Turn off the laser level and move it to any other place in the room.
- Now turn on the laser level, switch the same mode you used previously, and project the line with reference to any mark (you marked with a pencil).
- Check if all the other marks are meeting the laser line. If there is a bit difference of a few points then it’s ok. Otherwise, you should rely on this device.
All the top five Bosch laser levels we have reviewed, love them. But as you can see, each one serves a different purpose with its distinctive features. While it is difficult to say which one of them is the best, the Bosch 3-Point Torpedo Laser Alignment Kit GPL3T is worth having. Also, the design is durable and long-lasting.
Whichever model of Bosch laser level you choose, there is one thing you can be sure of – they are the best in class in the current power tools market. We care about your investment, so we only list the best.